The Overtones set to headline city’s switch on event
VOCAL harmony group The Overtones have been announced as the headline act at this year’s Ely Christmas lights switch on.
The five-piece band, popularised as the house band on ITV 1’s Dancing on Ice competition, will also help switch on the lights at the city’s ceremony on November 25.
The news was announced on Friday on Star Radio, who helped secure the group’s appearance.
Star Radio’s Mark Peters said it was a “great result” for the city and added that the event was set to be bigger and better than ever.
Singers Mike Crawshaw, Lachie Chapman, Darren Everest, Timmy Matley and Mark Franks make up The Overtones, whose album ‘Good Ol’ Fashioned Love’ was recently released to critical acclaim.
You may also want to watch:
The festivities begin in Ely’s Market Place at 5pm, with the lights switched on at 6.45pm
- 1 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 2 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of assault
- 4 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 5 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 6 In 2,300 words rainbow alliance set out manifesto for change at Cambridgeshire County Council
- 7 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 8 Here’s what the post-lockdown pub experience will look like
- 9 Woman transforms lockdown 'art retreat' into her own business
- 10 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list