The Overtones set to headline city’s switch on event
VOCAL harmony group The Overtones have been announced as the headline act at this year’s Ely Christmas lights switch on.
The five-piece band, popularised as the house band on ITV 1’s Dancing on Ice competition, will also help switch on the lights at the city’s ceremony on November 25.
The news was announced on Friday on Star Radio, who helped secure the group’s appearance.
Star Radio’s Mark Peters said it was a “great result” for the city and added that the event was set to be bigger and better than ever.
Singers Mike Crawshaw, Lachie Chapman, Darren Everest, Timmy Matley and Mark Franks make up The Overtones, whose album ‘Good Ol’ Fashioned Love’ was recently released to critical acclaim.
You may also want to watch:
The festivities begin in Ely’s Market Place at 5pm, with the lights switched on at 6.45pm
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 5 Letter: Why not use Ely Cathedral as a vaccination centre?
- 6 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 7 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 8 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 9 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 10 Keep a birds-eye view on resident Peregrine falcons by watching webcam