The Overtones set to headline city’s switch on event
VOCAL harmony group The Overtones have been announced as the headline act at this year’s Ely Christmas lights switch on.
The five-piece band, popularised as the house band on ITV 1’s Dancing on Ice competition, will also help switch on the lights at the city’s ceremony on November 25.
The news was announced on Friday on Star Radio, who helped secure the group’s appearance.
Star Radio’s Mark Peters said it was a “great result” for the city and added that the event was set to be bigger and better than ever.
Singers Mike Crawshaw, Lachie Chapman, Darren Everest, Timmy Matley and Mark Franks make up The Overtones, whose album ‘Good Ol’ Fashioned Love’ was recently released to critical acclaim.
The festivities begin in Ely’s Market Place at 5pm, with the lights switched on at 6.45pm
- 1 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 2 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 3 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 4 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 5 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 6 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 7 Ely Rotary Club back with annual Christmas collection
- 8 GP practices mark ‘momentous milestone’ in Covid-19 vaccine programme
- 9 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 10 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?