The Overtones set to headline city’s switch on event
VOCAL harmony group The Overtones have been announced as the headline act at this year’s Ely Christmas lights switch on.
The five-piece band, popularised as the house band on ITV 1’s Dancing on Ice competition, will also help switch on the lights at the city’s ceremony on November 25.
The news was announced on Friday on Star Radio, who helped secure the group’s appearance.
Star Radio’s Mark Peters said it was a “great result” for the city and added that the event was set to be bigger and better than ever.
Singers Mike Crawshaw, Lachie Chapman, Darren Everest, Timmy Matley and Mark Franks make up The Overtones, whose album ‘Good Ol’ Fashioned Love’ was recently released to critical acclaim.
You may also want to watch:
The festivities begin in Ely’s Market Place at 5pm, with the lights switched on at 6.45pm
- 1 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 2 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 3 'Support this local attraction,’ MP urges on museum visit
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 8 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 9 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 10 9 hidden gems of East Anglia by rail from Cambridgeshire