Care home to host Christmas light switch on for community
- Credit: The Orchards
A care home in Ely is hosting a Christmas light switch-on event for the local community.
The celebrations at The Orchards care home on Forsythia Road on December 8 will include festive entertainment, a hog roast with mulled wine and other delicious refreshments.
The event is free and will mark the community spirit and new-found friendships between the home and those in Ely.
Ahead of the event, The Orchards has asked people to nominate a ‘local hero’ to do the honours of switching on the Christmas lights.
Kirsty Price, general manager, said: “I think it’s so important for care home residents to get involved with their local community and vice versa.
“Now that we have more freedom, we’re all excited to meet our neighbours!”
The Orchards opened in November 2020, so residents were not able to get out much.
- 1 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 2 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 3 Girl, 7, left heartbroken after beloved rabbits are stolen
- 4 Hand clinic offering additional type of treatment for arthritis sufferers
- 5 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 6 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree arrives at Ely Cathedral
- 7 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 8 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 10 Princess Anne visits Wisbech's new Citizens Advice Bureau on Cambs trip
The event starts at 3:30pm until around 5pm.
Email your nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org before December 1.