Care home to host Christmas light switch on for community
- Credit: The Orchards
A care home in Ely is hosting a Christmas light switch-on event for the local community.
The celebrations at The Orchards care home on Forsythia Road on December 8 will include festive entertainment, a hog roast with mulled wine and other delicious refreshments.
The event is free and will mark the community spirit and new-found friendships between the home and those in Ely.
Ahead of the event, The Orchards has asked people to nominate a ‘local hero’ to do the honours of switching on the Christmas lights.
Kirsty Price, general manager, said: “I think it’s so important for care home residents to get involved with their local community and vice versa.
“Now that we have more freedom, we’re all excited to meet our neighbours!”
The Orchards opened in November 2020, so residents were not able to get out much.
- 1 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 2 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 3 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 4 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 5 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 6 Ely Rotary Club back with annual Christmas collection
- 7 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 8 ‘Successful’ sixth form open evening as more courses launch
- 9 Ely gets £344,000 to upgrade CCTV and improve city centre
- 10 Community project launches ‘love in a bag’ on White Ribbon Day
The event starts at 3:30pm until around 5pm.
Email your nominations to email@example.com before December 1.