The Millfield Standard: In Fine Voice
IN FINE VOICE:?Millfield School was one of 850 choirs which entered the BBC s Any Dream Will Do competition to perform in a West End Children in Need concert. Despite not having a permanent choir or singing teacher, the children love performing and relie
IN FINE VOICE:?Millfield School was one of 850 choirs which entered the BBC's Any Dream Will Do competition to perform in a West End Children in Need concert.
Despite not having a permanent choir or singing teacher, the children love performing and relied on their friendly faces and joyful singing to get them through.
The pupils sent a video recording of their entry to the BBC.
Although they did not win the competition, the children were thrilled to be featured on the front page of The Times newspaper as a representative example used to illustrate an article on how the BBC messed up the competition, with allegations of vote rigging and inadequate website facilities.
You may also want to watch:
The BBC has apologised to all the schools who took part.
Caroline Stamp-Dod, deputy head of Millfield, said: "We are glad that the BBC apologised and are really pleased for the children who won.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour