Team at Ely’s new leisure centre, The Hive, out and about in the Market Place
- Credit: sm
The team at Ely’s new leisure centre, The Hive, were out and about on the Market Place at the weekend.
Ahead of its opening in May, staff members Jack, Charlie and Eithan had a stall at Ely Markets on Saturday morning.
They were on hand to answer questions members of the public had about the leisure centre, and gave out free Better branded gifts.
The leisure centre - funded by East Cambs District Council (EDCD) with the help of a £1.5 million Lottery grant from Sport England - is being built by contractor Pellikaan. It will include an eight-lane 25m swimming pool, a learner pool with moveable floor that’s large enough for two or three teaching groups, a 120-station gym floor, two activity studios and a four-court sports hall. Outside there will be a 3G artificial grass pitch.
The new district leisure centre will be located at Downham Road, next to the Ely Outdoor Sports Association existing sport facilities.
You may also want to watch:
It opens to the public from May 14.
For more information search The Hive Ely on Twitter or visit facebook.com/TheHiveatEly/ on Facebook.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound