The Ely Standard says ‘Happy Easter’ to Ely Foodbank with donation of chocolate eggs
- Credit: Archant
The Ely Standard donated 20 Easter eggs to the Ely Foodbank as a ‘thank you’ for its continued support.
Mavis Middleton, Rob Daulton and Alison Daulton accepted 20 chocolate eggs on Monday April 1 courtesy of the newspaper, which donated the treats in relation to an advertisement page in the March 24 edition.
An egg was donated to the foodbank on Chapel Street for every advertisement space bought on the newspaper’s ‘Easter Bonanza’ page within its pre-Easter edition.
The page was completely filled, so the foodbank received 20 eggs, which will be given to those in need in Ely and East Cambridgeshire.
Project director, Cathy Wright, was very grateful for the donation. She said: “We’re always very grateful for donations like this. People who are in need don’t get very many treats, so this definitely ticks that box.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the foodbank, please visit http://www.ely.foodbank.org.uk/.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'