Spectacular light show brings the wow factor to city
A dash of Halloween magic – coupled with a tribute to the NHS (National Health Service) – are lighting up part of Ely this weekend.
It is the latest in a series of stunning video projections created by a home owner in Barton Road.
The architect of the display wants to remain anonymous even though he is expecting it to be a drive by experience to be enjoyed by many.
The display can be seen throughout the weekend and into next week.
It is a visual and stunning delight.
“I simply want to help promote Ely and bring a little fun for families during a challenging time,” he says.
His house is a work of art in motion. He also projected VE (Victory in Europe) Day onto it.
- 1 £2m in government funding secured to explore A10 improvements
- 2 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
- 3 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 4 Cast announced for open-air musical in cathedral grounds
- 5 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 6 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 7 Hundreds of singers and musicians capture ‘Spirit of the Fens’ at concert
- 8 Councillors to spend £1m in bid to tackle climate change
- 9 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 10 Glass artist's angel wings sculpture is a poignant tribute
And he says he has plans for Armistice and for Christmas too.
But it remains a powerful testimony to those on the front line of the coronavirus pandemic.
“I did a projection during March with the lockdown and also VE day (originally a Christmas project brought forward),” he said.
The current projection will remain throughout the weekend and until Tuesday.