Spectacular light show brings the wow factor to city
A dash of Halloween magic – coupled with a tribute to the NHS (National Health Service) – are lighting up part of Ely this weekend.
It is the latest in a series of stunning video projections created by a home owner in Barton Road.
The architect of the display wants to remain anonymous even though he is expecting it to be a drive by experience to be enjoyed by many.
The display can be seen throughout the weekend and into next week.
It is a visual and stunning delight.
“I simply want to help promote Ely and bring a little fun for families during a challenging time,” he says.
His house is a work of art in motion. He also projected VE (Victory in Europe) Day onto it.
- 1 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 2 Ely Road closed as pedestrian hit in Littleport
- 3 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 4 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 5 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 6 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 7 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 8 Ex-soldier Rob on a mission to bring 'ideas and energy' to Ely
- 9 Students ‘over the moon’ to receive letter from The Queen during project
- 10 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
And he says he has plans for Armistice and for Christmas too.
But it remains a powerful testimony to those on the front line of the coronavirus pandemic.
“I did a projection during March with the lockdown and also VE day (originally a Christmas project brought forward),” he said.
The current projection will remain throughout the weekend and until Tuesday.