Spectacular light show brings the wow factor to city
A dash of Halloween magic – coupled with a tribute to the NHS (National Health Service) – are lighting up part of Ely this weekend.
It is the latest in a series of stunning video projections created by a home owner in Barton Road.
The architect of the display wants to remain anonymous even though he is expecting it to be a drive by experience to be enjoyed by many.
The display can be seen throughout the weekend and into next week.
It is a visual and stunning delight.
“I simply want to help promote Ely and bring a little fun for families during a challenging time,” he says.
His house is a work of art in motion. He also projected VE (Victory in Europe) Day onto it.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
And he says he has plans for Armistice and for Christmas too.
But it remains a powerful testimony to those on the front line of the coronavirus pandemic.
“I did a projection during March with the lockdown and also VE day (originally a Christmas project brought forward),” he said.
The current projection will remain throughout the weekend and until Tuesday.