Safety warning after Soham house fire caused by unattended incense sticks
- Credit: Archant
Cambridgeshire Fire & Rescue Service has issued a safety warning to homeowners after unattended incense sticks led to a house fire in Soham.
Firefighters found curtains alight inside the house on The Causeway when they were called at 11.07am on Tuesday (April 30).
A fire service spokesperson said: “The fire was started by incense sticks that had been left unattended.
“Like candles, incense sticks can be dangerous if left unattended so always they are placed in a draught-free area, well away from curtains, furniture or other flammable surfaces.
“Make sure you leave plenty of space around the area and ensure that the surface is flat and stable.”
You may also want to watch:
Wearing breathing apparatus they extinguished the accidental fire using one hose reel, before using a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear the smoke.
The crews - one from Ely and two from Newmarket - returned to their stations by 1.15pm.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 7 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire