Mum lifts lockdown blues with joyous cycle ride
- Credit: PA
By the weekend floods were on the wane – an ideal occasion then to get out there on your bike.
Whether, in the words of the 19th music hall song, ‘I can’t afford a carriage’ were true, this mum knows only too well the rest of the song.
"You’ll look sweet, upon the seat, of a bicycle built for two,” goes the lyrics.
In the case of Fin and Sam, however, it was more looking sweet – and thoroughly enjoying the ride out – perched in a delightful basket on mum Sam’s cycle.
And as the photographer who snapped them cycling through Sutton near Ely on Sunday, duly observed “they weren’t letting a flooded road stop them”.
You may also want to watch:
Homemade or tailor made, the basket held both boys safely in its grip and mum clearly knew and recognised the fun it would bring her boys.
It was a release from lockdown to treasure – and besides most of the heavy rain by Sunday had given way to big puddles.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 7 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire