Mum lifts lockdown blues with joyous cycle ride
- Credit: PA
By the weekend floods were on the wane – an ideal occasion then to get out there on your bike.
Whether, in the words of the 19th music hall song, ‘I can’t afford a carriage’ were true, this mum knows only too well the rest of the song.
"You’ll look sweet, upon the seat, of a bicycle built for two,” goes the lyrics.
In the case of Fin and Sam, however, it was more looking sweet – and thoroughly enjoying the ride out – perched in a delightful basket on mum Sam’s cycle.
And as the photographer who snapped them cycling through Sutton near Ely on Sunday, duly observed “they weren’t letting a flooded road stop them”.
You may also want to watch:
Homemade or tailor made, the basket held both boys safely in its grip and mum clearly knew and recognised the fun it would bring her boys.
It was a release from lockdown to treasure – and besides most of the heavy rain by Sunday had given way to big puddles.
- 1 Traffic, noise and anti-social behaviour among objections to new youth centre
- 2 Delivery riders and drivers wanted as Deliveroo launches in Ely
- 3 Pair praise hundreds in bid to find beloved Ziggy
- 4 East Cambs District Council is freezing council tax for eighth year in a row
- 5 Man who waved machete in front of woman sentenced
- 6 Skydiving dad raises £1,623 for hospital that saved two-year-old daughter's life
- 7 Darts ace achieves his 'dream' after reaching world's elite
- 8 Music student awarded diploma that few organists achieve while still at school
- 9 Meat, fuel and garden tool thieves sentenced after multiple thefts
- 10 No trains to or from London King’s Cross this weekend due to £1.2bn upgrade work