The bare necessities! Highfield School and Lantern Dance Theatre Company talents star in production of The Jungle Book
- Credit: Archant
Highfield School and the Lantern Dance Theatre Company are celebrating after their latest production received positive reviews.
Their production of Rudyard Kipling’s classic tale ‘The Jungle Book’ featured pupils from the school and some of the Lantern’s talented dancers.
Pupils put on top performances bringing to life the characters of Mowgli, Baloo, Shere Khan and Bagheera for two nights last Thursday and Friday (May 25 and 26).
Deputy mayor of Ely, Councillor Mike Rouse and his daughter, Cassie, were among those in the audience – and both were full of praise for the young actors and actresses.
“The show had a very enthusiastic audience and participation from so many students and staff,” Cllr Rouse said.
You may also want to watch:
“Delightful and humbling,” added Cassie.
The Latern’s involvement in the production follows their versions of The Nutcracker, A Midsummer Night’s Dream and Coppelia put on in recent years.
- 1 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 8 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 9 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 10 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony