The annual voting canvas has begun in East Cambs - make sure you register now
- Credit: Archant
Residents in East Cambridgeshire will be getting forms through the post as part of the annual canvas in the district.
The forms ask residents if there are any changes regarding who is eligible to vote in that property.
If there is no change, people are asked to either to confirm via www.register-online.co.uk, by calling 0800 0253105 or texting 07507 319820 NOCHANGE. However if there is a change in circumstances these can be made at www.register-online.co.uk using the security codes on the letter.
The authority is also looking to recruit canvassers for the second part of the annual canvas process which involves personal canvass visits to collect information where forms have not been returned.
Anyone who is interested in the positions should have experience of working with the general public, local knowledge of the area and must not be politically active or be a councillor. The work will take place from Friday October 2 through to Tuesday October 30 to complete the work.
You may also want to watch:
All training and materials will be provided and as the majority of visits will be most effective during evenings and weekends this means it can fit in with other commitments.
If anyone is interested or knows someone who may be interested, please contact email@example.com for full details and an application form. The closing date for completed application forms is Tuesday September 15.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 Labour backs calls for extra Covid-19 safety measures in schools
Joan Cox, Electoral Services Officer at East Cambridgeshire District Council, said: “We are beginning our Annual Canvas and forms are now arriving in people’s homes. We would ask people to look closely at the information throughout the form to make sure everything is correct and then follow the guidance which is enclosed. It is very important to make sure you reply to confirm if things have or haven’t changed so you are able to vote in future elections. In addition, we are looking for people to take on the job as canvassers during October to visit the homes of people whose forms have not been returned. If you are interested in these roles then please get in touch.”
For more information visit www.gov.uk/yourvotematters or contact the team at the District Council on 01353 665555. or visit www.eastcambs.gov.uk.