‘That’s not parking - its abandonment’ resident tells Cambs cops who issue fixed penalty notice for obstruction
- Credit: Archant
We’ve all seen cars parked so badly you are almost left screaming ‘where’s the police when you need them’?
But as Cambridgeshire Police so often remark – we cannot be everywhere but we could be anywhere.
And in this instance, they were in Soham and were startled to see this driver’s parking habits.
“Park like this vehicle and you can expect a ticket,” they tweeted.
The ticket was issued to the driver for “causing an unnecessary obstruction to other road users” on the junction of Clay Street and Gardeners Lane in Soham.
When they posted the photo to their Facebook group, police got a handsome pat on the back.
“That’s not parking; it’s abandonment,” wrote one resident.
- 1 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 2 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 3 Hand clinic offering additional type of treatment for arthritis sufferers
- 4 Girl, 7, left heartbroken after beloved rabbits are stolen
- 5 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree arrives at Ely Cathedral
- 6 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 7 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 8 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 9 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 10 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
Another asked if police “can do something about the idiot parking on the junction of Clay Street and Station Road, in Soham, please, accident waiting to happen”.
They helpfully supplied a description of what to look like.
“Big silver pickup, over hanging, junction, forcing people to drive in middle of road, risking ahead on with vehicles coming other way around a blind corner,” they wrote.
“Parked there all the time.”
That, and plenty others, can, one assumes, to have been noted.