‘That’s not parking - its abandonment’ resident tells Cambs cops who issue fixed penalty notice for obstruction
- Credit: Archant
We’ve all seen cars parked so badly you are almost left screaming ‘where’s the police when you need them’?
But as Cambridgeshire Police so often remark – we cannot be everywhere but we could be anywhere.
And in this instance, they were in Soham and were startled to see this driver’s parking habits.
“Park like this vehicle and you can expect a ticket,” they tweeted.
The ticket was issued to the driver for “causing an unnecessary obstruction to other road users” on the junction of Clay Street and Gardeners Lane in Soham.
You may also want to watch:
When they posted the photo to their Facebook group, police got a handsome pat on the back.
“That’s not parking; it’s abandonment,” wrote one resident.
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 4 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 8 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 9 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 10 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
Another asked if police “can do something about the idiot parking on the junction of Clay Street and Station Road, in Soham, please, accident waiting to happen”.
They helpfully supplied a description of what to look like.
“Big silver pickup, over hanging, junction, forcing people to drive in middle of road, risking ahead on with vehicles coming other way around a blind corner,” they wrote.
“Parked there all the time.”
That, and plenty others, can, one assumes, to have been noted.