TFM Butchers in Isleham win coveted Great Taste award
- Credit: JM & MA Thompson & Sons
Isleham farmers farm butchers shop, ‘TFM Butchers’ have earned a two star Great Taste award for their Isleham Blue Pork.
The family run business won the coveted food and drink award award for their Isleham Blue Pork, a meat that can only be found at their farm from the product of crossing a rare breed saddleback sow and a rare breed large white boar; an idea had by the founder’s son, Steven Thompson.
The judges said: “A beautiful, impressive looking shoulder joint with a lovely, bronzed crackling on the top.
“The distribution of fat throughout the meat, gives this meat its moistness and making it very delicious in flavour.
“Some of the best crackling the judges can recall eating, the skin has glorious depth of flavour.
“The meat is sweet and slightly gamey, and whilst not up to the same level as the skin, was universally a big hit and loved by the Great Taste Judges.”
The award is recognised as a stamp of excellence and is sought out by foodies and retailers alike.
- 1 Man taken to hospital after falling in city centre
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of making threats to kill woman
- 3 Woman on trial over death of Louis Thorold ‘had undiagnosed Alzheimer’s’
- 4 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
- 5 Driver escapes injury after lorry ploughs into back of broken-down van
- 6 Ely 'buzzing' with happiness as Pride returns for 2022
- 7 Man, 37, named as A14 death crash victim
- 8 Make-up artist shares why ‘people shouldn’t give up on their dreams’
- 9 Households urged to ‘be vigilant’ after many targeted by rogue traders
The Great Taste awards, organised by the Guild of Fine Food, value taste above all else.
All products are blind tasted and removed from their packaging so they cannot be identified before entering the judging process.
A panel of over 500 judges made their decisions about each of the more than 14,000 products from over a 90 day period
4,078 products were awarded a Great Taste 1 star, these are “food and drink that delivers fantastic flavour”, 1,237 were awarded a Great Taste 2 star, these are food and drink that are “above and beyond delicious” and 241 were awarded a Great Taste 3 star “extraordinarily tasty food and drink”.
Roseanna Thompson, from TFM Butchers, said: “We are delighted to have won a Great Taste award for our Isleham Blue Pork™ Shoulder.
“We have dreamt of this moment and are so proud to be adding the iconic black and gold Great Taste logo to our Isleham Blue Pork™.
Isleham Blue Pork™ Shoulder is available from TFM Butchers RRP: £7.60 per kilo.
For more information about TFM Butchers (JM & MA Thompson & Sons), visit www.tfmbutchers.co.uk