Woman, 86, ‘shaken up and upset’ after purse theft at Tesco Ely
- Credit: Archant
An elderly woman was left “shaken up and upset” after her purse was stolen from her bag while shopping at a supermarket in Ely.
The 86-year-old’s daughter said her mother was shopping at Tesco on June 23 when she became the victim of pick pocketing.
She alleges that “two women obviously working together as pick pockets” stole her mum’s bag, which was in a shopping trolley.
The daughter added: “I think it is about time Tesco put a sign up as this is not the first time, nor will it be the last.
“My mum is very shaken up and upset.”
You may also want to watch:
The crime has been reported to police and officers say an investigation is ongoing.
“Officers also put out some safety messaging to alert people,” said a police spokesman.
- 1 Man dies after falling from bridge on A14 between Histon and Milton
- 2 Rogue trader tells victim: 'I'll knock your lights out'
- 3 Council leader under fire for 'culture of bullying' in wake of farmgate scandal
- 4 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 5 Delivery riders and drivers wanted as Deliveroo launches in Ely
- 6 Golf club urges locals and dog walkers to ‘respect our private land’
- 7 Letter: Four new members join 'splash pad headquarters'
- 8 Ziggy is missing from Ely - your help is needed
- 9 Career mentor's 100k charity run aims to raise £1,000
- 10 Traffic, noise and anti-social behaviour among objections to new youth centre
Anyone with any information is encouraged to report it to police via 101 or online www.cambs.police.uk/report