Woman, 86, ‘shaken up and upset’ after purse theft at Tesco Ely
- Credit: Archant
An elderly woman was left “shaken up and upset” after her purse was stolen from her bag while shopping at a supermarket in Ely.
The 86-year-old’s daughter said her mother was shopping at Tesco on June 23 when she became the victim of pick pocketing.
She alleges that “two women obviously working together as pick pockets” stole her mum’s bag, which was in a shopping trolley.
The daughter added: “I think it is about time Tesco put a sign up as this is not the first time, nor will it be the last.
“My mum is very shaken up and upset.”
You may also want to watch:
The crime has been reported to police and officers say an investigation is ongoing.
“Officers also put out some safety messaging to alert people,” said a police spokesman.
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 4 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 8 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 9 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- 10 Care home still 'requires improvement'
Anyone with any information is encouraged to report it to police via 101 or online www.cambs.police.uk/report