Teresa, of Ely, braves the shave to raise money for a charity close to her heart
- Credit: Archant
Teresa Ramsey braved the shave and raised over £800 for Macmillan Cancer Research.
Teresa, of Ely, decided to have all of her hair shaved off to raise money for a cause very close to her heart – and donations from a collection bucket are still being counted.
The Minster Tavern regular was given the all-clear from cancer in July 2015, five years after being diagnosed with leukaemia.
Macmillan nurses also looked after Teresa’s dad during the last three weeks of his life.
“Everyone’s been very generous and the shave went really well.
You may also want to watch:
“I just thought I’d do something to give back. And my dad, who died 12 years ago from cancer, was cared for by Macmillan.
“I’d like to say a big thank you to Lou, the landlady at The Minster Tavern, for allowing me to hold the event”, she added.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
Lou, landlady at The Minster Tavern, said: “From a woman’s perspective I think Teresa is especially brave.
“Our hair is such an integral part of our identity and to have been through it once unwillingly and then be brave enough to do it again for charity is brilliant.”