Tenders invited for lease of large arable farm
- Credit: Archant
An arable farm stretching to more than 550 acres has been made available to let.
Estate agents Brown and Co is inviting tenders for the five-year lease of Common Farm, in Witchford, which comes with grain store, several general purpose buildings and land extending to 557 acres.
A spokesman for Brown and Co said: “The land has been cropped with a mixed spring and winter crop rotation including roots, cereals and oilseeds.
“The land is detailed as predominantly Grades 2 and 3 according to the Agricultural Land Classification Maps of England & Wales being of a principally loamy soil type. “The farm is made up of 29 fields with the average field size being 19.20 acres and the largest field being 54.80 acres.
“The farm benefits from well-maintained internal tracks allowing easy access to all areas of the farm.”
You may also want to watch:
Tenders for the lease should be made before noon on Friday, July 3.
Contact Brown and Co on 01480 432220 for more information.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on