Teenager Who Was Head-butted By Man Wearing Crash Helmet Is Awarded Compensation
A TEENAGER who was head-butted by Leon Franklin wearing a crash helmet was awarded �75 compensation by magistrates this week. And a second teenager who was assaulted by Franklin in Ely was awarded �50 compensation. Appearing at the city courthouse for sen
A TEENAGER who was head-butted by Leon Franklin wearing a crash helmet was awarded �75 compensation by magistrates this week.
And a second teenager who was assaulted by Franklin in Ely was awarded �50 compensation.
Appearing at the city courthouse for sentencing this week, Franklin was also ordered to undertake 150 hours of unpaid work, and pay a total of �130 court costs.
He was banned from driving for 12 months, and must pay �30 compensation to the police for damaging a camera.
You may also want to watch:
Franklin, 22, of High Barns, Ely, had previously admitted assaulting the youths on November 14, threatening PC Ian Manley, and damaging the police camera by spitting at it.
He had denied charges of failing to provide a specimen of breath and assaulting PC Matt Smith, but was convicted after a trial last month.
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 8 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 9 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 10 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
Solicitor Catherine Bradd said Franklin was convicted of assaulting the police officer on a reckless basis, and had been wheezing before failing to give a breath test
"This was one sequence of events, it was out of character for him," she said.