Teenager survives head stabbing
A TEENAGER was stabbed during a fight in Soham High Street. The 17-year-old boy suffered a four-inch wound to his head in the attack at around 7.45pm last Wednesday. Now police have urged witnesses to come forward. The teenager was involved in a fight whi
A TEENAGER was stabbed during a fight in Soham High Street.
The 17-year-old boy suffered a four-inch wound to his head in the attack at around 7.45pm last Wednesday.
Now police have urged witnesses to come forward. The teenager was involved in a fight which began near Barclays Bank and spilled into the road forcing cars to stop.
He was taken to Cambridge's Addenbrooke's Hospital, where he received treatment and was later discharged.
Pc Terry Bandoo from Ely Police Station, who is investigating the incident said: "At this time of day it would have been light and there would have been lots of people in the area, either on foot or travelling in vehicles.
"I am appealing for anyone who was in the High Street or saw the incident or anything suspicious to come forward.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 3 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 4 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 5 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 6 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 7 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 8 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 9 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 10 Corporal lines up world record 135km paddleboard trek for 'gleaming' Bobby
* A 21-year-old man from Ely has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and has been bailed to return to Ely Police Station on September 13.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact Pc Bandoo on 0845 456 4564 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.