Teenager Receives Compensation After He Was Head-butted By Man Wearing Crash Helmet
A TEENAGER who was head-butted by Leon Franklin wearing a crash helmet was awarded �75 compensation by magistrates this week. And a second teenager who was assaulted by Franklin in Ely was awarded �50 compensation. Appearing at the city courthouse for sen
A TEENAGER who was head-butted by Leon Franklin wearing a crash helmet was awarded �75 compensation by magistrates this week.
And a second teenager who was assaulted by Franklin in Ely was awarded �50 compensation.
Appearing at the city courthouse for sentencing this week, Franklin was also ordered to undertake 150 hours of unpaid work, and pay a total of �130 court costs.
He was banned from driving for 12 months, and must pay �30 compensation to the police for damaging a camera.
You may also want to watch:
Franklin, 22, of High Barns, Ely, had previously admitted assaulting the youths on November 14, threatening PC Ian Manley, and damaging the police camera by spitting at it.
He had denied charges of failing to provide a specimen of breath and assaulting PC Matt Smith, but was convicted after a trial last month.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 3 Suspected building site burglars stopped in their tracks
- 4 Catering wars as converted horsebox trailer takes on National Trust
- 5 Welcome to the Fens but can you guess which part?
- 6 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 7 Palmer's 'flagship' £100k homes will be council houses
- 8 Petition calls for more Cambs busways to be scrapped
- 9 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 10 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
Solicitor Catherine Bradd said Franklin was convicted of assaulting the police officer on a reckless basis, and had been wheezing before failing to give a breath test
"This was one sequence of events, it was out of character for him," she said.