Teenager Pleads Guilty To Causing Death Of Sutton Girl
A TEENAGER from Cherry Hinton could face jail after pleading guilty to causing the death of 17-year-old Sarah Oldham by dangerous driving. The trial of 18-year-old Isaac James Playford, was due to start at Cambridge Crown Court on Monday (Nov 2) after the
A TEENAGER from Cherry Hinton could face jail after pleading guilty to causing the death of 17-year-old Sarah Oldham by dangerous driving.
The trial of 18-year-old Isaac James Playford, was due to start at Cambridge Crown Court on Monday (Nov 2) after the teenager pleaded not-guilty to a charge of causing death by dangerous driving at Ely Magistrates Court in August.
Appearing before Judge Gareth Hawkesworth this week, however, the Cherry Hinton teenager opted to change his plea.
The charge of causing death by dangerous driving relates to a crash involving Playford and 17-year-old Miss Oldham which took place on January 12 on the A142 in Mepal.
You may also want to watch:
Miss Oldham, from The Row in Sutton, was a travelling with Playford in a green Citreon Saxo, when the car left the road and collided with an electricity pylon.
The City of Ely Community College student was badly injured in the smash and died at Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge two days later. Playford received minor injuries in the incident and was discharged from hospital shortly after.
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book
- 5 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 6 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 7 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologised after 90mph police pursuit
- 8 Power boats thrill crowds at river races
- 9 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 10 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
The judge adjourned the proceedings for a pre-sentence report to be prepared and disqualified Playford from driving on an interim basis. The 18-year-old will appear at the crown court again on November 27 for sentencing.
pic cap: Sarah Oldham died from her injuries two days after the crash in January.