Teenager Pleads Guilty To Causing Death Of Sutton Girl
A TEENAGER from Cherry Hinton could face jail after pleading guilty to causing the death of 17-year-old Sarah Oldham by dangerous driving. The trial of 18-year-old Isaac James Playford, was due to start at Cambridge Crown Court on Monday (Nov 2) after the
A TEENAGER from Cherry Hinton could face jail after pleading guilty to causing the death of 17-year-old Sarah Oldham by dangerous driving.
The trial of 18-year-old Isaac James Playford, was due to start at Cambridge Crown Court on Monday (Nov 2) after the teenager pleaded not-guilty to a charge of causing death by dangerous driving at Ely Magistrates Court in August.
Appearing before Judge Gareth Hawkesworth this week, however, the Cherry Hinton teenager opted to change his plea.
The charge of causing death by dangerous driving relates to a crash involving Playford and 17-year-old Miss Oldham which took place on January 12 on the A142 in Mepal.
You may also want to watch:
Miss Oldham, from The Row in Sutton, was a travelling with Playford in a green Citreon Saxo, when the car left the road and collided with an electricity pylon.
The City of Ely Community College student was badly injured in the smash and died at Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge two days later. Playford received minor injuries in the incident and was discharged from hospital shortly after.
- 1 Tributes paid to school matron who died from Covid-19
- 2 People power brings about changes to £800,000 roundabout scheme
- 3 Student defies challenges of pandemic to achieve first class degree
- 4 Retired GP's death 'avoidable' if cause of severe chest pain was 'more thoroughly investigated'
- 5 Alcohol shoplifter threatened security staff with large blade
- 6 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 7 London man jailed for running drugs line between Cambs and capital
- 8 Health scare inspired slimmer’s incredible 10 stone weight loss
- 9 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 10 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
The judge adjourned the proceedings for a pre-sentence report to be prepared and disqualified Playford from driving on an interim basis. The 18-year-old will appear at the crown court again on November 27 for sentencing.
pic cap: Sarah Oldham died from her injuries two days after the crash in January.