Teenager Pleads Guilty To Causing Death Of Sutton Girl
A TEENAGER from Cherry Hinton could face jail after pleading guilty to causing the death of 17-year-old Sarah Oldham by dangerous driving. The trial of 18-year-old Isaac James Playford, was due to start at Cambridge Crown Court on Monday (Nov 2) after the
A TEENAGER from Cherry Hinton could face jail after pleading guilty to causing the death of 17-year-old Sarah Oldham by dangerous driving.
The trial of 18-year-old Isaac James Playford, was due to start at Cambridge Crown Court on Monday (Nov 2) after the teenager pleaded not-guilty to a charge of causing death by dangerous driving at Ely Magistrates Court in August.
Appearing before Judge Gareth Hawkesworth this week, however, the Cherry Hinton teenager opted to change his plea.
The charge of causing death by dangerous driving relates to a crash involving Playford and 17-year-old Miss Oldham which took place on January 12 on the A142 in Mepal.
You may also want to watch:
Miss Oldham, from The Row in Sutton, was a travelling with Playford in a green Citreon Saxo, when the car left the road and collided with an electricity pylon.
The City of Ely Community College student was badly injured in the smash and died at Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge two days later. Playford received minor injuries in the incident and was discharged from hospital shortly after.
- 1 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 2 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 3 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 4 Tyler Goodjohn ready to enter lion's den in world title bid
- 5 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 6 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 7 Motorcycle firm gearing up to show off lockdown project
- 8 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 9 Offensive graffiti: ‘Hate crimes have no place in Cambridgeshire’
- 10 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
The judge adjourned the proceedings for a pre-sentence report to be prepared and disqualified Playford from driving on an interim basis. The 18-year-old will appear at the crown court again on November 27 for sentencing.
pic cap: Sarah Oldham died from her injuries two days after the crash in January.