Teenager performs at O2 arena
ELY teenager Nancy Allen followed in the footsteps of the stars when she performed in front of a 30,000 strong audience at London s O2 Arena. Explorer Scout, Nancy, was selected to represent the city and took to the same stage where Justin Timberlake, Pri
ELY teenager Nancy Allen followed in the footsteps of the stars when she performed in front of a 30,000 strong audience at London's O2 Arena.
Explorer Scout, Nancy, was selected to represent the city and took to the same stage where Justin Timberlake, Prince and The Rolling Stones had performed in the past.
Nancy, of Witchford, was chosen to join 3,000 scouts from all over the UK to put on a series of spectacular shows, collectively called Live 07.
She was one of 200 youngsters who took part in the opening dance performance of the show, which brought together a Scout from every area of the UK to mark the close of the scouts' centenary year.
Compering the event was chief scout and fellow stage performer, Peter Duncan, Blue Peter presenter Zoe Salmon and Lizzie Greenwood from TV's Newsround.
Nancy said: "I was a bit nervous before I went on, but it was really exciting. Lots of people were looking at me so I felt a bit scared, but mostly really happy.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 4 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 5 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 6 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 7 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 8 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 9 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
- 10 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
"Performing at the 02 Arena is such a fantastic opportunity. It's great to be a part of it."
During the show, scouts performed mountain bike and skate board challenges, dragon boat racing and powerbocking where bouncing and acrobatic acts are performed with spring loaded stilts attached to a person's legs.