Teenager performs at O2 arena
ELY teenager Nancy Allen followed in the footsteps of the stars when she performed in front of a 30,000 strong audience at London s O2 Arena. Explorer Scout, Nancy, was selected to represent the city and took to the same stage where Justin Timberlake, Pri
ELY teenager Nancy Allen followed in the footsteps of the stars when she performed in front of a 30,000 strong audience at London's O2 Arena.
Explorer Scout, Nancy, was selected to represent the city and took to the same stage where Justin Timberlake, Prince and The Rolling Stones had performed in the past.
Nancy, of Witchford, was chosen to join 3,000 scouts from all over the UK to put on a series of spectacular shows, collectively called Live 07.
She was one of 200 youngsters who took part in the opening dance performance of the show, which brought together a Scout from every area of the UK to mark the close of the scouts' centenary year.
You may also want to watch:
Compering the event was chief scout and fellow stage performer, Peter Duncan, Blue Peter presenter Zoe Salmon and Lizzie Greenwood from TV's Newsround.
Nancy said: "I was a bit nervous before I went on, but it was really exciting. Lots of people were looking at me so I felt a bit scared, but mostly really happy.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
"Performing at the 02 Arena is such a fantastic opportunity. It's great to be a part of it."
During the show, scouts performed mountain bike and skate board challenges, dragon boat racing and powerbocking where bouncing and acrobatic acts are performed with spring loaded stilts attached to a person's legs.