Teenager jumped n car fr a dare
A TEENAGER caused arund £1,000-wrth f damage t a BMW cnvertible car when he was dared t jump n the bnnet. The 15-year-ld was caught n CCTV as he jumped up and dwn n the vehicle parked in the Paradise sprts centre car park in Ely, leaving subs
A TEENAGER caused arund £1,000-wrth f damage t a BMW cnvertible car when he was dared t jump n the bnnet.
The 15-year-ld was caught n CCTV as he jumped up and dwn n the vehicle parked in the Paradise sprts centre car park in Ely, leaving substantial dents.
And within a cuple f minutes, tw mre yungsters were caught n camera as they jumped n t the car, and smashed the windscreen.
The ttal bill t repair Grdn Walker's car was £1,350, Ely Yuth Curt was tld n Thursday.
A 15-year-ld by frm Nrflk - wh was the first yungster t jump n the vehicle - admitted causing £1,000-wrth f damage.
"He was with a grup f yuths in the car park, and CCTV shws him jumping up and dwn n tp f the bnnet f the car, and then he and a grup f yuths ran ff," prsecutr David Myles tld Ely Yuth Curt.
- 1 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 4 Firm announces acquisition of independent planning firm
- 5 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 6 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 7 Rudolph the red phone box reindeer arrives in village
- 8 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 9 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 10 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
"Tw minutes later, tw ther peple returned t the vehicle and jumped n the bnnet, at that pint the windscreen was smashed. The pictures were nt gd enugh t identify them."
Slicitr Michael Judkins said the 15-year-ld was in Ely t visit a member f his family.
"He was invited as a dare t jump n the car, and was assured that the cameras wuld nt recrd it," he said.
"He was encuraged by lder yuths, and wuld have felt uncmfrtable if he had nt dne it. He is very srry, and aplgises thrugh me t the wner f the car."
The teenager was rdered t pay £300 cmpensatin and received a fur-mnth referral rder.