Teenager Is Banned From Littleport After Admitting Theft
MAGISTRATES banned a 16-year-old from Littleport after being told he had stolen a satellite navigation system and a mobile phone, taken from a car in the town. He was one of two teenagers to admit theft by finding at Ely Youth Court on Thursday – they cla
MAGISTRATES banned a 16-year-old from Littleport after being told he had stolen a satellite navigation system and a mobile phone, taken from a car in the town.
He was one of two teenagers to admit theft by finding at Ely Youth Court on Thursday - they claimed to have bought stolen the stolen goods from a man in a van for �10.
"This was theft by finding, they knew the items were stolen but kept them until police discovered them," said prosecutor Yetunde Fawehinmi.
Police found the stolen goods when searching one of the teenager's bedrooms, and both admitted they knew the items were "dodgy" or stolen.
You may also want to watch:
The 16-year-old banned from Littleport also admitted breaching a two-year supervision order he was given in December. The court gave him a new 24-month supervision order and a six-month curfew, keeping him indoors between 7pm and 7am.
The second 16-year-old who admitted the same theft is due to be sentenced on February 11.
- 1 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 4 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 5 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 8 144 runners and 29 volunteers: First parkrun back is a huge success
- 9 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 10 Superb acting, singing and dancing at KD Theatre musical