Teenager Is Banned From Littleport After Admitting Theft
MAGISTRATES banned a 16-year-old from Littleport after being told he had stolen a satellite navigation system and a mobile phone, taken from a car in the town. He was one of two teenagers to admit theft by finding at Ely Youth Court on Thursday – they cla
MAGISTRATES banned a 16-year-old from Littleport after being told he had stolen a satellite navigation system and a mobile phone, taken from a car in the town.
He was one of two teenagers to admit theft by finding at Ely Youth Court on Thursday - they claimed to have bought stolen the stolen goods from a man in a van for �10.
"This was theft by finding, they knew the items were stolen but kept them until police discovered them," said prosecutor Yetunde Fawehinmi.
Police found the stolen goods when searching one of the teenager's bedrooms, and both admitted they knew the items were "dodgy" or stolen.
The 16-year-old banned from Littleport also admitted breaching a two-year supervision order he was given in December. The court gave him a new 24-month supervision order and a six-month curfew, keeping him indoors between 7pm and 7am.
The second 16-year-old who admitted the same theft is due to be sentenced on February 11.
- 1 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 2 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 3 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 4 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 5 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 6 Magpas Air Ambulance doctor, Anne, shortlisted for national award
- 7 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 8 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 9 Arts centre gets £25,000 post-Covid lifeline
- 10 Everything you need to know about Ely Cathedral's Christmas Gift & Food Fair 2021