Teenager Found in Possession of Cannabis After Police Called Into Local School
A TEENAGER was found in possession of cannabis after police were called into a local school. His mother was contacted – and she told officers that the boy had stolen �900 from her bank account. Appearing before Ely Youth Court on Thursday, the teenager ad
A TEENAGER was found in possession of cannabis after police were called into a local school.
His mother was contacted - and she told officers that the boy had stolen �900 from her bank account.
Appearing before Ely Youth Court on Thursday, the teenager admitted possessing the class B drug on January 5, and stealing cash from his mother between December 11 and January 5.
Prosecuting, Patricia Dunlop said police were called in to the school by staff, who believed the boy had some cannabis.
You may also want to watch:
The teenager had suffered from a problem with the class B drug for around three years, and would welcome support, said solicitor Catherine Bradd.
She said the youngster had used his mother's bank card to obtain cash over the three week period. He has begun to pay back the money.
- 1 Tributes paid to school matron who died from Covid-19
- 2 Health scare inspired slimmer’s incredible 10 stone weight loss
- 3 Student defies challenges of pandemic to achieve first class degree
- 4 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 5 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 6 Alcohol shoplifter threatened security staff with large blade
- 7 Policing stepped up to tackle criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 8 London man jailed for running drugs line between Cambs and capital
- 9 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 10 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
The teenager was given a six-month referral order, during which he must attend meetings of an offender panel, and sign a contract.
Magistrates said they hoped the sentence would help the boy deal with his drug use. They ordered the forfeiture and destruction of the cannabis.