Teenager Found in Possession of Cannabis After Police Called Into Local School
A TEENAGER was found in possession of cannabis after police were called into a local school. His mother was contacted – and she told officers that the boy had stolen �900 from her bank account. Appearing before Ely Youth Court on Thursday, the teenager ad
A TEENAGER was found in possession of cannabis after police were called into a local school.
His mother was contacted - and she told officers that the boy had stolen �900 from her bank account.
Appearing before Ely Youth Court on Thursday, the teenager admitted possessing the class B drug on January 5, and stealing cash from his mother between December 11 and January 5.
Prosecuting, Patricia Dunlop said police were called in to the school by staff, who believed the boy had some cannabis.
You may also want to watch:
The teenager had suffered from a problem with the class B drug for around three years, and would welcome support, said solicitor Catherine Bradd.
She said the youngster had used his mother's bank card to obtain cash over the three week period. He has begun to pay back the money.
- 1 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 2 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 3 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 4 Tyler Goodjohn ready to enter lion's den in world title bid
- 5 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 6 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 7 Motorcycle firm gearing up to show off lockdown project
- 8 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 9 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 10 Offensive graffiti: ‘Hate crimes have no place in Cambridgeshire’
The teenager was given a six-month referral order, during which he must attend meetings of an offender panel, and sign a contract.
Magistrates said they hoped the sentence would help the boy deal with his drug use. They ordered the forfeiture and destruction of the cannabis.