Teenager Evicted After Smashing Door At Hostel
TEENAGER Ashley Bowen was evicted from an Ely hostel after smashing up a door in the premises for a second time. Bowen had been rowing with his girlfriend when he lost his temper, and punched the door, damaging it beyond repair. The incident happened at t
TEENAGER Ashley Bowen was evicted from an Ely hostel after smashing up a door in the premises for a second time.
Bowen had been rowing with his girlfriend when he lost his temper, and punched the door, damaging it beyond repair.
The incident happened at the Young People's Project in Wheatsheaf Close at Ely, city magistrates heard on Thursday.
Bowen, 18, who is now homeless, admitted causing £400 worth of damage to the internal door on March 25.
You may also want to watch:
The offence put him in breach of a conditional discharge, imposed earlier this year for a similar offence of damaging a door at the project.
Solicitor Michael Judkins said Bowen had been living at the hostel for seven months before the incident.
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
"He and his girlfriend argued over something trivial and stupid," he said, "He felt the deputy manager was confrontational, and accepts he lost his temper and kicked at the door.
"He wants to apologise for behaving in this way, he recognises he has a problem with his temper."
Bowen was given a 15-month community order, including supervision and 40 hours of unpaid work.