Teenager ‘stabbed five times’ in Ely - victim in hospital with ‘serious but not life threatening’ injuries
- Credit: Google Maps
A teenager was stabbed five times during a horrific incident in Ely on Saturday night.
The victim, a 17 year-old boy, is in hospital and undergoing surgery for nerve damage, says a family friend.
"It may not be life threatening but certainly life changing even if he makes a full recovery," the friend posted today on Policing East Cambridgeshire Facebook group."He was stabbed five times."
"The shock and memories won't be wiped clean."
Two arrests were made following the stabbing in Prickwillow Road at about 8.40pm.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said the stabbing left the victim "hospitalised with serious but not life threatening injuries".
Bartlomiej Juchiewicz, 18, of High Barns, Ely has been charged with possession of an offensive weapon in a public place and grievous bodily harm with intent.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
Chase Crosswell, 19, of Chiefs Street, Ely has been charged with affray and possession of an offensive weapon in a public place.
Both are due to appear at Peterborough Magistrates' Court today (November 11).