Tee-off success for King’s Ely students
- Credit: Archant
It was a tee off tale of success for King’s Ely students when they won a team event in a national competition.
The tournament, which took place in Hampshire, saw 17 teams of two from schools across the UK compete in the Team events.
King’s Ely’s Jason Segall also won the individual boys event, with classmate Tom Piggot coming second.
The event was the Independent Schools Golf Association (ISGA) Northern Open.
The Team Net award at the ISGA Northern Open is the third major cup that King’s Ely has won in the last year.
You may also want to watch:
Head of King’s Ely golf, Rupert Freestone, puts this success down to the number of opportunities students have at the school and the specialist coaching on offer.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 9 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor