Ted Coney’s Family Portraits opens for ninth season at Waterside, Ely
- Credit: Archant
Ted Coney’s Family Portraits - Ely’s first pop-up gallery - has opened for its ninth season. Situated on Waterside, it is also the home of artist, Ted Coney, and his wife, Hazel.
Ted’s paintings are about family life and he has been making them for nearly 50 years. Although no work is for sale, visitors are taken on an hour-long guided tour.
The tour ends in Ted’s studio, to see his latest work-in-progress. His current painting, ‘Forget-Me- Nots’, is about five elderly relations and the theme is dementia and memory loss.
For research, he travelled to the five East Yorkshire sea-side towns that he associated with the five sisters and collected objects to represent each person.
He placed the objects in five small suitcases, each labelled as if going on holiday.
You may also want to watch:
To book a tour visit www.tedconeysfamilyportraits.co.uk email email@example.com or call 01353 650038.
Booking is essential; six people per tour.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 8 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody