Artist offers virtual tour of his gallery for just 99p in bid to raise cash for NHS
- Credit: Archant
An Ely artist is selling a virtual video tour of some of his original paintings for less than £1 in a bid to raise money for the NHS during the coronavirus pandemic.
Ted Coney is offering a nine-minute in-depth video, showing off his family portraits on the theme of ‘Simultaneity’, for just 99p on his website.
He was scheduled to open a pop-up gallery on Waterside in the city for the twelfth season, but plans were cancelled due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Mr Coney said: “I was expecting to take my 1931 Morris Minor to the V.E. celebrations on Jubilee Gardens next week, until it was cancelled because of the pandemic.
“I was also hoping to open my pop-up gallery, Ted Coneys Family Portraits, on Waterside but this has also been postponed for the same reason.
You may also want to watch:
“The Morris is part of the tour as it appears in some of my paintings.
“At the cost of just 99p, with all proceeds going to NHS Charities Together, you get to experience four of my paintings, in a nine-minute film.”
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 5 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on
One of the paintings in the virtual tour - ‘Dear Reginald Owen’ shows Ted ‘flying’ back in time in his Morris to 1930s Hollywood, searching for a long-lost ancestor.
For more information, or to buy the virtual tour, visit: www.tedconeysfamilyportraits.co.uk/virtualpay