Teams Needed For Fund-Raising Event to Mark Liam's 15th Birthday
A FUNDRAISING event to mark what would have been the 15th birthday of Liam Fairhurst will take place next month. And Liam s family hope the karting event will take them a step closer to hitting the �500,000 target for children s cancer charity CLIC Sargen
A FUNDRAISING event to mark what would have been the 15th birthday of Liam Fairhurst will take place next month. And Liam's family hope the karting event will take them a step closer to hitting the �500,000 target for children's cancer charity CLIC Sargent. Liam, aged 14, died on June 30 last year after losing his battle with cancer. He was a prolific fund-raiser and ambassador for the charity and raised more than �320,000 to help children, and their families, with cancer. He was awarded a Pride in Britain award and recognised a Britain's Kindest Kid for his fund-raising efforts.
Teams of four are needed to take part in the event which will take place at the Red Lodge Karting centre in Red Lodge near Mildenhall on Saturday, February 27.
INFO: for more information or to book a place, contact Sarah on 01353 624427 or
07967116620 or go to: www.redlodgekarting.com.
You may also want to watch:
Pic cap: Liam Fairhurst would have been celebrating his 15th birthday next month.
- 1 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 2 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 3 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 4 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 5 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 6 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 7 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 8 144 runners and 29 volunteers: First parkrun back is a huge success
- 9 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 10 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs