Teams Needed For Fund-Raising Event to Mark Liam's 15th Birthday
A FUNDRAISING event to mark what would have been the 15th birthday of Liam Fairhurst will take place next month. And Liam s family hope the karting event will take them a step closer to hitting the �500,000 target for children s cancer charity CLIC Sargen
A FUNDRAISING event to mark what would have been the 15th birthday of Liam Fairhurst will take place next month. And Liam's family hope the karting event will take them a step closer to hitting the �500,000 target for children's cancer charity CLIC Sargent. Liam, aged 14, died on June 30 last year after losing his battle with cancer. He was a prolific fund-raiser and ambassador for the charity and raised more than �320,000 to help children, and their families, with cancer. He was awarded a Pride in Britain award and recognised a Britain's Kindest Kid for his fund-raising efforts.
Teams of four are needed to take part in the event which will take place at the Red Lodge Karting centre in Red Lodge near Mildenhall on Saturday, February 27.
INFO: for more information or to book a place, contact Sarah on 01353 624427 or
07967116620 or go to: www.redlodgekarting.com.
Pic cap: Liam Fairhurst would have been celebrating his 15th birthday next month.
- 1 Government clearance needed for £200,000 year role for Eileen
- 2 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 3 Neighbour and PCSO prevent £4,000 fraud
- 4 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 5 Busy road near RAF Lakenheath reopens after five-vehicle crash
- 6 Frying High! National honours for Ely at potato awards
- 7 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 8 Taxi firm introduce ‘hangover recovery kits’ during Christmas party season
- 9 Council's plea to protect East Cambs from Covid-19 this Christmas
- 10 Green bin collections suspended