Teams Needed For Fund-Raising Event to Mark Liam's 15th Birthday
A FUNDRAISING event to mark what would have been the 15th birthday of Liam Fairhurst will take place next month. And Liam s family hope the karting event will take them a step closer to hitting the �500,000 target for children s cancer charity CLIC Sargen
A FUNDRAISING event to mark what would have been the 15th birthday of Liam Fairhurst will take place next month. And Liam's family hope the karting event will take them a step closer to hitting the �500,000 target for children's cancer charity CLIC Sargent. Liam, aged 14, died on June 30 last year after losing his battle with cancer. He was a prolific fund-raiser and ambassador for the charity and raised more than �320,000 to help children, and their families, with cancer. He was awarded a Pride in Britain award and recognised a Britain's Kindest Kid for his fund-raising efforts.
Teams of four are needed to take part in the event which will take place at the Red Lodge Karting centre in Red Lodge near Mildenhall on Saturday, February 27.
INFO: for more information or to book a place, contact Sarah on 01353 624427 or
07967116620 or go to: www.redlodgekarting.com.
You may also want to watch:
Pic cap: Liam Fairhurst would have been celebrating his 15th birthday next month.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 3 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 4 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 5 College and sixth form's 'gold' rating for 'outstanding' mental health provision
- 6 Photo memories of the late Prince Philip projected onto house
- 7 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 8 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 9 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 10 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument