Team of four raise £1,530 for Teenage Cancer Trust by holding charity event at Welney pub
- Credit: Archant
A team of four Lamb & Flag employees have raised £1,530 for the Teenage Cancer Trust by holding a fundraising evening.
Kyle, Heidi and Sohpie Cowles and Ryan Henegan held the event having raised £1,100 for Macmillan by holding a coffee afternoon last year.
Organiser Kyle Cowles said: “A close friend asked us to help him fundraise and we were only too happy to oblige.
“We had already raised £1,050 from a quiz night and a prize bingo and this was the next event.
“On the day we had a BBQ, local group The Cherry Reds and a disc
“There was also a bouncy castle and rodeo bull, along with face painting stalls, a raffle, tombola and cakes.
“We also held a great balloon race by release 96 helium balloons and we had a call the following day to say two had been found in Germany - in less than 18 hours.”
- 1 'He saved my life' - Karolina thanks optician after spotting unknown brain tumour
- 2 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
- 3 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 4 Motorcyclist in serious condition after A142 tractor crash
- 5 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 6 Family banned from turning garage into dining room
- 7 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 8 Cricket club's bid to be 'loud and proud' thanks to new ground
- 9 Surgery’s renovation project takes next step forward
- 10 Man subjected to 'unprovoked attack' at village pavilion
The team, who plan to hold another bingo night soon, have so far raised £2,580 for the charity.