Tea and cakes for Ely Inner Wheel as members celebrate Inner Wheel Day
- Credit: Archant
The Inner Wheel Club of Ely celebrated Inner Wheel Day by holding a tea and cakes afternoon on at the Old Dispensary.
Members gathered for tea, knitting, nattering and forward planning on Saturday.
President Diana Goldstein read out a letter from International President Charlotte De Vos wishing all Inner Wheel clubs throughout the world in 103 countries continuing success in 2016.
A well-supported raffle was held and the proceeds of this will go to Parkinson’s UK.
This is the chosen charity of the national president this year and all Inner Wheel clubs in this country are holding an event in aid of Parkinson’s UK.
You may also want to watch:
Saturday’s gathering included a talk by Brian Hayes, chairman of the local Parkinson’s Support Group.
Brian gave a very informative and entertaining talk on Parkinson’s, explaining what it entails; it’s effects, symptoms, medication, treatment and physiotherapy from a general aspect and also from his own diagnosis and treatment. A question session followed with Brian being very forthcoming and distributing information leaflets particularly on the research that is being carried out both in clinics and laboratories.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 5 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 6 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 7 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 10 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
President Diana then thanked Brian and his wife Pam for attending.
The next club meeting will be on Wednesday January 27 at the Old Dispensary at 7pm when the speaker will be Bev Briggs ‘Personal shopper’. Anyone wishing to attend or wanting any information about Ely Inner Wheel club should telephone contact 01353 615074.