WHO Wants To Be a Millionaire presenter Chris Tarrant made a fly-eel-ing visit to Ely s riverside on Saturday to film an episode of his new television series Tarrant s Travels. The series features Tarrant visiting towns and cities around Britain to discov
WHO Wants To Be a Millionaire presenter Chris Tarrant made a fly-eel-ing visit to Ely's riverside on Saturday to film an episode of his new television series Tarrant's Travels. The series features Tarrant visiting towns and cities around Britain to discover their hidden secrets and he will spend time meeting local characters.
He arrived at the riverside in his open-topped vintage Bentley and, to the surprise of visitors, he fed the ducks along the quay.
He also met Ely's last eel catcher, 78 year-old Sid Merry, who lives at Waterside and who has his eel-catching boat moored across the river at Babylon.
Tracey Harding, the district's tourism and events officer who had arranged the visit, said: "Ely is very much on the television and film industry map now, as we have had about six film crews in the city over the last few months.
You may also want to watch:
We have the Shepperton Studio's tent village set up at the moment while they are shooting the film Elizabeth I."
INFO: Tarrant's Travels will be screened on Sunday evenings at 5pm on ITV1, starting in late August or early September.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody