Talk of the tune
Littleport is staging its own eclectic music festival in miniature on Sunday as three local bands take to the stage at Millfield Primary School. The music will start at 1pm with The Riverside Blues Collective, pictured, who will play a mix of blues class
Littleport is staging its own eclectic music festival in miniature on Sunday as three local bands take to the stage at Millfield Primary School.
The music will start at 1pm with The Riverside Blues Collective, pictured, who will play a mix of blues classics, from Muddy Waters through to Stevie Ray Vaughan.
Next up is jazz group Five to Two, and topping the bill will be the award-winning Guv'nors, who play upbeat cover versions of memorable tunes from the last 30 years.
The event is staged by the Field Theatre Group with support from Arts Development in East Cambridgeshire (ADeC).
You may also want to watch:
Jenny Stevens, of The Field Theatre Group said: "Judging from the glorious weather we have been having recently, it should be a great day.
"We hope people will come along with their friends and family to unwind in the sunshine - there will be plenty of space for everyone to spread out and for children to run around."
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 8 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 9 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 10 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
The gates will open at 12.15pm and parking will be available. Visitors are invited to bring chairs, blankets and a picnic, but barbecued food will be available.
INFO: The event is £4 for adults and children are free. There is no need to book in advance and all proceeds will go to The Field Theatre Group. Photo: SUPPLIED