Everest summiteer Ricky Munday to give talk at fundraising dinner at Ely Cathedral
- Credit: Archant
An evening dinner to be held in the Lady Chapel at Ely Cathedral will see Everest summiteer Ricky Munday speak about his adventures.
Ricky achieved his lifelong ambition of scaling Mount Everest in May last year.
It was his second attempt after he had to turn back after reaching 7900m of the 8848m mountain in 2017.
Ricky has attempted some of the world’s most iconic peaks, including Khan Tengri, Mont Blanc, Kilimanjaro, Mount Kenya, Matterhorn, Aconcagua, Elbrus and Damavand.
The evening will form part of the Celebration of Business exhibition on May 16.
You may also want to watch:
More than 100 different organisations will exhibit giving representation to a diverse range of business sectors.
There will also be two seminars which will be free to attend, including the Cambridgeshire Chambers of Commerce Grow Your Business breakfast brunch workshop.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
Russell Beck, head of consulting for Impellam Group, will also deliver his a seminar called The Generation Game, pulling on the latest research to assess how millennial’s are changing the face of the workplace.
The evening dinner will include a drinks reception and a locally sourced three course meal provided by The White Pheasant Restaurant.
Money will be raised for the Ely Foodbank - which is the cathedral’s designated charity.
Tickets are priced at an accessible £25 per person for the evening event and can be booked via the Ely Cathedral Box Office at www.elycathedral.org/events or by calling 01353 660349.
There are still spaces for exhibition space which can also be booked through the website.