Talented Littleport actor George scoops regional drama award
- Credit: Archant
A talented Littleport teenager is celebrating after scooping an award for his acting.
George Harrison, 16, won the National Operatic and Dramatic Association’s Best Young Performer of 2013 in East Anglia for his performance in the title role of Bugsy Malone.
George said: “I’m over the moon and feel so privileged to win this award. I couldn’t have done it without the help of everyone involved with the production, as well as the encouragement of my family.
“I am just delighted to know that so many of them and other friends have said that they will come to the award ceremony to support me.”
The news came as George’s drama group, The Littleport Players, brought the curtain down on their excellent Christmas pantomime Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs at Littleport’s Ex-Servicemen’s Club on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
The cast, costumed by Sheila Goodall, brought out the best in their audience with plenty of hand clapping to the musical numbers, cheers for the goodies and boos for the baddies.
- 1 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of assault
- 3 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 4 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 5 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 6 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 7 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 8 Woman transforms lockdown 'art retreat' into her own business
- 9 Here’s what the post-lockdown pub experience will look like
- 10 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list