Talented Littleport actor George scoops regional drama award
- Credit: Archant
A talented Littleport teenager is celebrating after scooping an award for his acting.
George Harrison, 16, won the National Operatic and Dramatic Association’s Best Young Performer of 2013 in East Anglia for his performance in the title role of Bugsy Malone.
George said: “I’m over the moon and feel so privileged to win this award. I couldn’t have done it without the help of everyone involved with the production, as well as the encouragement of my family.
“I am just delighted to know that so many of them and other friends have said that they will come to the award ceremony to support me.”
The news came as George’s drama group, The Littleport Players, brought the curtain down on their excellent Christmas pantomime Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs at Littleport’s Ex-Servicemen’s Club on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
The cast, costumed by Sheila Goodall, brought out the best in their audience with plenty of hand clapping to the musical numbers, cheers for the goodies and boos for the baddies.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 5 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 6 Number of fatal injuries caused on our roads ‘remains far too high’
- 7 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 8 Keep a birds-eye view on resident Peregrine falcons by watching webcam
- 9 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 10 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat