Talented Ely trio selected for fashion final
- Credit: Archant
A trio of talented students have been selected as finalists at the National Fashion Textiles 2015 Competition, to be held in London.
Cherry Wong, Lara Edwards, and Kitty Watson, who all study at King’s Ely, have had their entries selected for the final, where they will come up against students from across the UK.
All finalists’ garments will be displayed within the competition’s gallery at the show, which is open to the public from March 5-8, at the Olympia.
Director of art at King’s Ely, Alison Rhodes, said: “This is a wonderful opportunity to show the high quality coursework the students have produced and to make invaluable links with industry.
“Alongside this exhibition, King’s Ely will be displaying examples of A Level fashion and textiles at stand G40”.
The winner will be announced on March 5 and students and their families will be present at when the announcement and presentation will be held.
- 1 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 2 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 3 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 4 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 5 OPINION: Soham Station fiasco about to come to a conclusion, or is it?
- 6 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 7 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 8 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 9 Branch president left pleasantly surprised thanks to freemasons
- 10 New cycling and walking routes strategy approved by council