Talented Ely trio selected for fashion final
- Credit: Archant
A trio of talented students have been selected as finalists at the National Fashion Textiles 2015 Competition, to be held in London.
Cherry Wong, Lara Edwards, and Kitty Watson, who all study at King’s Ely, have had their entries selected for the final, where they will come up against students from across the UK.
All finalists’ garments will be displayed within the competition’s gallery at the show, which is open to the public from March 5-8, at the Olympia.
Director of art at King’s Ely, Alison Rhodes, said: “This is a wonderful opportunity to show the high quality coursework the students have produced and to make invaluable links with industry.
“Alongside this exhibition, King’s Ely will be displaying examples of A Level fashion and textiles at stand G40”.
You may also want to watch:
The winner will be announced on March 5 and students and their families will be present at when the announcement and presentation will be held.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 4 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 5 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 6 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 7 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 10 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack