Talented ballet dancer lands role in touring show
- Credit: Archant
A ballet dancer from Swaffham Prior is celebrating after winning a part in a major touring production.
Lydia Ward, 7, will play the part of Gretel in the nationwide tour of the Sound Of Music – which begins in August.
The primary school pupil is a member of the Samara Ballet School and practises three times a week at schools in Burwell, Wicken and Downham Market.
She went through six intensive rounds of auditions in just a month before being offered the six-month contract with the production.
After rehearsals in July, Lydia will be joining the show when it starts the next leg of the UK tour in Ireland in August and will then continue in various theatres around the UK until January.
You may also want to watch:
Samara’s principal, Michelle Rasdall, said: “We are so proud of what Lydia has achieved for one so young. She is a very talented singer and dancer who started dancing with us before she was two. Lydia is part of the schools very successful competition team and has won numerous medals over the past year but this is the next step up for her and we are all delighted.”
Further details of Samara Ballet School classes can be found at www.samaraballet.co.uk
- 1 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor