Talent shines at annual King’s Ely Music Festival final
- Credit: Archant
More than 100 students with a love of music and singing took part in the King’s Ely Music Festival final after a two-week competititon.
Hundreds of people packed into Ely Cathedral on Thursday 9 to watch the finalists perform.
Sarah Bluck, 16, was crowned intermediate singer whilst intermediate instrumentalist went to Victoria Davis, 14, who went on to win King’s Ely’s intermediate young musician of the year award.
Edward Birchinall, 17, won the senior singer category whilst senior instrumentalist went to Carlotta Rosenthal, 15, who was crowned King’s Ely’s senior young musician of the year.
Charlotte Wilkinson, 15, won the Monica Hunter Cup for piano and Charlie Gale, 17, was highly commended on the night. The Monica Hunter Cup was donated by Monica Hunter, a former piano teacher at the school.
You may also want to watch:
Jonathan Kingston, director of music at King’s Ely Senior, sai: “A capacity audience of pupils, staff, parents and friends enjoyed a wonderfully eclectic music festival final.
“As the Orchestra’s Radetzky March reverberated around the unparalleled backdrop of the cathedral, intermediate and senior finalists gathered their thoughts before taking to the stage to perform their solos.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 10 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
“I am immensely proud of everyone involved who had invested so much time into honing their talents for this event.”
The adjudicator was Stuart Miles, former deputy headmaster and director of music at The John Lyon School in Harrow.