Take part in writing competition with prizes up for grabs
Have you thought about becoming a writer? Have you been writing for a while and would like to share your ideas?
Would you like to come and hear about the experiences of other writers, listen to the advice they have and ask questions? Come to our Writers’ Day on March 21 at Ely Library, 10am-3pm. Refreshments will be available. Entry is free, voluntary donations requested.
You also may like to take part in our short story competition. Closing date is February.
Send your 500-word story on any topic by email attachment and within the e-mail to email@example.com. Don’t forget to include your full name, address and phone number. Prizes - first £50, second £25, 3rd £10.
There will be three judges and the winners will be announced at the Writers’ Day.
Entry is free and some of the stories will be selected to be published in an anthology later in the year.
Book your place now by contacting Rosemary Westwell: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 2 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 3 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 4 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 5 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 6 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 7 Ex-soldier Rob on a mission to bring 'ideas and energy' to Ely
- 8 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 9 Students ‘over the moon’ to receive letter from The Queen during project
- 10 Inclusivity at the heart of Dr Pip's goals ahead of Ely by-election