Take part in writing competition with prizes up for grabs
Have you thought about becoming a writer? Have you been writing for a while and would like to share your ideas?
Would you like to come and hear about the experiences of other writers, listen to the advice they have and ask questions? Come to our Writers’ Day on March 21 at Ely Library, 10am-3pm. Refreshments will be available. Entry is free, voluntary donations requested.
You also may like to take part in our short story competition. Closing date is February.
Send your 500-word story on any topic by email attachment and within the e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t forget to include your full name, address and phone number. Prizes - first £50, second £25, 3rd £10.
There will be three judges and the winners will be announced at the Writers’ Day.
You may also want to watch:
Entry is free and some of the stories will be selected to be published in an anthology later in the year.
Book your place now by contacting Rosemary Westwell: email@example.com
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 5 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 6 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 7 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 8 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 9 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 10 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats