Take a step back in time as Soham’s 41st Pumpkin Fair returns this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Masses of pumpkins will form a grand display like nowhere else in the UK as part of the 41st Soham Pumpkin Fair this weekend.
Based on the theme of Soham through the ages, pumpkins ranging between 150kg and 300kgs will all feature at the event.
Mr Pumpkin, Mark Williams, will also be making his way around the fair, meaning a lot of pink/orange and green flesh on display.
Additionally, there will be a number of arena events including displays from local schools, ferret racing and dancing from Storm, Ignite and Capture.
There will also be over 30 market stalls, a BBQ, teas and coffee, ice cream, a funfair, history display, car boot, bygones Vintage Car display and Showmans steam traction engine and organ.
You may also want to watch:
A number of competitions in which to enter a prize-winning item will also go ahead, including: sunflower, marrow and tomato contests.
Entry forms for competitions are available at www.sohampumpkinfair.co.uk or you can enter on the day between 9.30 and 11.30am.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
This year, the fair is raising money for Soham Heritage and Tourism, Little Miracles, Soham Young Farmers and Weatheralls Primary School Allotments.
The event takes place on Saturday September 26 from 1.30-5pm at Soham Recreation Ground.
Tickets, £2 (adults), £1 (OAPs and 12-18-year-olds), free (under 12’s), £7.50 (car boot), £10 (vans).