Take a step back in time as Soham’s 41st Pumpkin Fair returns this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Masses of pumpkins will form a grand display like nowhere else in the UK as part of the 41st Soham Pumpkin Fair this weekend.
Based on the theme of Soham through the ages, pumpkins ranging between 150kg and 300kgs will all feature at the event.
Mr Pumpkin, Mark Williams, will also be making his way around the fair, meaning a lot of pink/orange and green flesh on display.
Additionally, there will be a number of arena events including displays from local schools, ferret racing and dancing from Storm, Ignite and Capture.
There will also be over 30 market stalls, a BBQ, teas and coffee, ice cream, a funfair, history display, car boot, bygones Vintage Car display and Showmans steam traction engine and organ.
A number of competitions in which to enter a prize-winning item will also go ahead, including: sunflower, marrow and tomato contests.
Entry forms for competitions are available at www.sohampumpkinfair.co.uk or you can enter on the day between 9.30 and 11.30am.
- 1 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 4 Missing woman back home
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 9 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 10 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
This year, the fair is raising money for Soham Heritage and Tourism, Little Miracles, Soham Young Farmers and Weatheralls Primary School Allotments.
The event takes place on Saturday September 26 from 1.30-5pm at Soham Recreation Ground.
Tickets, £2 (adults), £1 (OAPs and 12-18-year-olds), free (under 12’s), £7.50 (car boot), £10 (vans).