Take a step back in time as Soham’s 41st Pumpkin Fair returns this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Masses of pumpkins will form a grand display like nowhere else in the UK as part of the 41st Soham Pumpkin Fair this weekend.
Based on the theme of Soham through the ages, pumpkins ranging between 150kg and 300kgs will all feature at the event.
Mr Pumpkin, Mark Williams, will also be making his way around the fair, meaning a lot of pink/orange and green flesh on display.
Additionally, there will be a number of arena events including displays from local schools, ferret racing and dancing from Storm, Ignite and Capture.
There will also be over 30 market stalls, a BBQ, teas and coffee, ice cream, a funfair, history display, car boot, bygones Vintage Car display and Showmans steam traction engine and organ.
A number of competitions in which to enter a prize-winning item will also go ahead, including: sunflower, marrow and tomato contests.
Entry forms for competitions are available at www.sohampumpkinfair.co.uk or you can enter on the day between 9.30 and 11.30am.
- 1 Fire crews called to car fire on railway line
- 2 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 3 Councillor quits as voters get set for two Ely by-elections
- 4 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 5 Caravan site wants 10 new lodges to cope with demand
- 6 MP officially begins new era for major UK supplier
- 7 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 8 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 9 Drink-driver 'almost hit police car' in crash
- 10 Warwick Davis and daughter Annabelle cut the ribbon at special opening
This year, the fair is raising money for Soham Heritage and Tourism, Little Miracles, Soham Young Farmers and Weatheralls Primary School Allotments.
The event takes place on Saturday September 26 from 1.30-5pm at Soham Recreation Ground.
Tickets, £2 (adults), £1 (OAPs and 12-18-year-olds), free (under 12’s), £7.50 (car boot), £10 (vans).