Switching roles for Children in Need
STAFF and pupils at Ely s Peacock House Tuition Centre switched places for a charity dressing-up day on Tuesday. The fund-raising open day also included stalls and activities which including home-made cakes and cards, most of which were made by the studen
STAFF and pupils at Ely's Peacock House Tuition Centre switched places for a charity dressing-up day on Tuesday.
The fund-raising open day also included stalls and activities which including home-made cakes and cards, most of which were made by the students themselves.
Debbie Knott, of Peacock House, said: "All of the students and staff worked very hard to ensure the day was enjoyed by all and were very pleased to have raised £163 for Children in Need."
- SOME of the district's most promising rock talent will perform a Children in Need benefit gig at City of Ely Community College on Friday, December 1.
You may also want to watch:
Ascendia, The Rivetes, Still Not Around and The Males will take to the stage from 7.30pm. Tickets, priced just £2.50, are available from Fenland Music, Burrows Bookshop, or on the door.
- ELY woman Sue Farrow will spend the entire day in her pyjamas to raise money for Children in Need tomorrow (Friday).
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
Colleagues at Cambridgeshire County Council's adult and community learning department have sponsored her to spend the day at work before heading off to the gym for an hour's walking at the treadmill in her night-clothes.
"I am the sort of person who will do anything to raise money for charity," she said.
"My goal is to raise £100."
Let us know about your Children In Need events, contact Ian Ray on on 01353 667831 if you want to be included in next week's round-up.
- The staff at Ansons, Haddenham, will dress in sportswear to raise money for Children In Need.