ELY S shopkeepers are bringing out the Christmas finery ready to dress up their shop windows for the festive season. The windows will be decorated in time for Ely s Christmas lights switch-on which will take place on December 1. Shopkeepers will be compet
ELY'S shopkeepers are bringing out the Christmas finery ready to dress up their shop windows for the festive season.
The windows will be decorated in time for Ely's Christmas lights switch-on which will take place on December 1.
Shopkeepers will be competing for the Ely Standard trophy and the winner will be decided by the city's shoppers.
Everyone will be given the chance to vote for his or her favourite Christmas window display and the winner will be presented with the trophy by the Ely Standard editor, Debbie Davies.
You may also want to watch:
Voting forms will appear in the newspaper on Friday, December 1, and Friday, December 7 giving readers the chance to register their votes.
Ely traders have also launched a draw to raise cash for the Christmas Lights Appeal and tickets, costing £1 each, can be bought from shops throughout the city centre.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
First prize is one year's free entrance for one person to the cinema at The Maltings, Ely sponsored by Adec.
A hamper, entitled Discovering Ely, and packed with goods donated by the city's shops is second prize and the third lucky winner will receive a meal for two, valued at £50, at the Bk Thai Restaurant in Ely's St. Mary's Street.
Picture shows Ely traders, (from left) Elaine Griffin-Singh, from Griffin Antiques, Trevor Wilton from Daybreaks and Will Marston from Lollipop Animation launch the Christmas Lights draw.