Swim 22 miles over 12 weeks for charity at Paradise Pools in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Paradise Pools in Ely is encouraging local people to take on the Aspire Channel Swim in their pool this September.
The 12-week challenge involves participants swimming 22 miles (the distance of the English Channel) in their local pools to raise money for spinal cord injury charity Aspire.
The swim kicks off on September 11 at Paradise Pools, which is run by Everyone Active and East Cambs District Council. It runs until December 4. Last year, Aspire Channel Swimmers raised over £580,000 to support Aspire’s services.
Simon Clasby, Everyone Active’s general manager, said: “The work that the team at Aspire Channel Swim carry out is fantastic.
“I would encourage anyone who is looking to improve their fitness to take on this challenge. It is a great opportunity to get active at the same time as raising money for a brilliant cause.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information or to sign up visit www.aspirechannelswim.org.uk email email@example.com or call 0800 0370 880.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 3 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 8 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation