Sweet shop owner David Learner talks acting and his new book at Oliver Cromwell’s House event
- Credit: Archant
Dozens enjoyed ‘An Audience with David Learner’ at Oliver Cromwell’s House last night as the sweet shop owner and actor launched his first book.
David was talking about his life as an actor and his sweetshop, which is now featured in ‘The Curious Sweetshop’, which he signed for some young readers.
The event saw historian Matthew Routledge in conversation with David Learner, aka Marvin the Paranoid Android from The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, Pickle from Knightmare and Mr Simms.
“Wow, thanks to everyone that came down and made it such a wonderful hour of warmth and wit,” said a spokesman for Oliver Cromwell’s House.
“From his time on the small screen, to his days dishing out Pick ‘n’ Mix to overjoyed customers far and wide, David’s conversation was like chocolate for the ears,”
You may also want to watch:
“Whether you pop in for a packet of pear drops or a length of liquorice, you’ll always find a wonderful atmosphere at Mr Simms Olde Sweete Shoppe.”
In February there will be a talk from a local historian and former teacher.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 9 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 10 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning