Sweet shop owner David Learner talks acting and his new book at Oliver Cromwell’s House event
- Credit: Archant
Dozens enjoyed ‘An Audience with David Learner’ at Oliver Cromwell’s House last night as the sweet shop owner and actor launched his first book.
David was talking about his life as an actor and his sweetshop, which is now featured in ‘The Curious Sweetshop’, which he signed for some young readers.
The event saw historian Matthew Routledge in conversation with David Learner, aka Marvin the Paranoid Android from The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, Pickle from Knightmare and Mr Simms.
“Wow, thanks to everyone that came down and made it such a wonderful hour of warmth and wit,” said a spokesman for Oliver Cromwell’s House.
“From his time on the small screen, to his days dishing out Pick ‘n’ Mix to overjoyed customers far and wide, David’s conversation was like chocolate for the ears,”
You may also want to watch:
“Whether you pop in for a packet of pear drops or a length of liquorice, you’ll always find a wonderful atmosphere at Mr Simms Olde Sweete Shoppe.”
In February there will be a talk from a local historian and former teacher.
- 1 Tributes paid to school matron who died from Covid-19
- 2 Student defies challenges of pandemic to achieve first class degree
- 3 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 4 Health scare inspired slimmer’s incredible 10 stone weight loss
- 5 Alcohol shoplifter threatened security staff with large blade
- 6 People power brings about changes to £800,000 roundabout scheme
- 7 London man jailed for running drugs line between Cambs and capital
- 8 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 9 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 10 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby