Sutton scouts unveil plans for £200,000 hut at annual awards ceremony
- Credit: Archant
The 1st Sutton Scout group have unveiled a model building of the hut that they wish to build in 2019.
Designed by architect Mike Emmerson, it has been created with the ‘future needs of the group in mind and has taken into account the views of the leaders, parents and the young people’.
The scale model was presented to Ali Wells, group scout leader, and Jane Green, the new chairwoman of the group.
The Sutton group is seeking planning permission by the end of the summer to begin the building process next year.
Ali Wells said: “Our own place to meet will allow us to offer the whole range of indoor and outdoor scouting activities giving our young people skills for life, and we will be able to offer a fully flexible programme, to suit the needs of our young people.”
You may also want to watch:
With a target of £200,000, the scouts plan to hold sponsored events, run BBQs, serve teas and take part in community events.
The group’s fundraising team is currently busy seeking community grants, working with business supporters and securing sponsors for the new-build.
For more information on the project, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 8 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 9 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash