Sutton’s first winter beer festival a great success
- Credit: Archant
The first winter beer festival to be held in Sutton church was a great success, offering a dozen real ales along with live music, and family entertainment.
Hundreds of people flocked to the two day event, which started on Friday evening with music from the classic pub rock band The Strays.
A bouncy castle was erected in church for the Saturday afternoon family session, and there was face painting on offer for young visitors, along with a popular barbecue.
Saturday evening’s session saw at least one of the beers run dry, and music was provided by rock and pop band Moon After Sundown.
Organiser Phil Bambrick said: “We were delighted with the turn out for our first winter beer festival, and I would like to thank everyone who worked behind the scenes to make the event such a great occasion.
“We had a great band of helpers, working on the door, serving beer and cooking some great food.”
- 1 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 2 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 3 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 4 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 5 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 6 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: You have your say
- 10 Rough sleeping injunctions are ‘positive’ say council