Sutton rower, 14, wins gold at competition
- Credit: Archant
A teenager from Sutton took home a gold medal after winning a regional rowing competition.
Matt Allen, a member of Rob Roy Boat Club junior scullers at Cambridge and goes to Witchford Village College, won the only gold representing the Eastern region in the J14 singles race.
The 14-year-old was the fastest J14 single in the heats from all 12 regions putting hum into A final.
He was selected last month to represent the Eastern region at the Junior Inter-Regional Regatta held at the National Watersports Centre in Nottingham.
Twelve regions were represented and heats and finals were raced over 1500m.
You may also want to watch:
It was a close fought final but Matt managed to hold off fierce competition to take the only gold for the region putting him first nationally.
Visit robroyboatclub.net for more information about Rob Roy Boat Club.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told