Sutton playgroup Scamps to close due to lack of volunteers
- Credit: Archant
A Sutton playgroup is to close due to a lack of volunteers.
Scamps baby and toddler group, which operates out of the Brooklands Centre, announced it is to close on February 8 via a statement on Facebook on Wednesday (11).
It said: “Further to our meeting this morning and due to only one person out of our village attending and offering to help, it is with sadness that we announce Scamps will be permanently closed as of Wednesday February 8.
“We will be open for the next four weeks, dates as follows: January 18 and 25 February 1 and 8.
“Please do attend these four sessions as Scamps’ committee, particularly Marie and Amy, would really like to say goodbye properly to all of our regular little scampers.
“While it has not been an easy decision, we feel it is the right one for Scamps as a group.
“Marie and Amy would like to thank their regular members so much for all of the support over the last year and are very sorry for the decision we have made, but we do hope the village understands that without support or commitment from further volunteers, we can not continue to open due to changes in own personal circumstances.”
- 1 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 2 Ely Road closed as pedestrian hit in Littleport
- 3 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 4 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 5 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 6 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 7 Ex-soldier Rob on a mission to bring 'ideas and energy' to Ely
- 8 Students ‘over the moon’ to receive letter from The Queen during project
- 9 Inclusivity at the heart of Dr Pip's goals ahead of Ely by-election
- 10 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
Scamps holds weekly sessions for children up to 14, as well as regular parties and crafts sessions.