Sutton playgroup Scamps to close due to lack of volunteers
- Credit: Archant
A Sutton playgroup is to close due to a lack of volunteers.
Scamps baby and toddler group, which operates out of the Brooklands Centre, announced it is to close on February 8 via a statement on Facebook on Wednesday (11).
It said: “Further to our meeting this morning and due to only one person out of our village attending and offering to help, it is with sadness that we announce Scamps will be permanently closed as of Wednesday February 8.
“We will be open for the next four weeks, dates as follows: January 18 and 25 February 1 and 8.
“Please do attend these four sessions as Scamps’ committee, particularly Marie and Amy, would really like to say goodbye properly to all of our regular little scampers.
You may also want to watch:
“While it has not been an easy decision, we feel it is the right one for Scamps as a group.
“Marie and Amy would like to thank their regular members so much for all of the support over the last year and are very sorry for the decision we have made, but we do hope the village understands that without support or commitment from further volunteers, we can not continue to open due to changes in own personal circumstances.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 7 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
Scamps holds weekly sessions for children up to 14, as well as regular parties and crafts sessions.