Sutton Parish Council
THE meeting in November adjourned for a presentation by East Cambridgeshire District Councillor Beckett regarding Section 106 money. Parish councils have a role to look at the impact of a development and can request facilities and infrastructure for the v
THE meeting in November adjourned for a presentation by East Cambridgeshire District Councillor Beckett regarding Section 106 money. Parish councils have a role to look at the impact of a development and can request facilities and infrastructure for the village. They should be more pro-active at the planning stage.
Issues discussed at East Cambridgeshire District Council's forum related to affordable housing, neighbourhood panels, draft budget and parish plans. A Hear to Help Day recently held in the village was well-attended with stalls set up by various agencies ready to answer parishioners' questions on many issues.
East Cambridgeshire District Councillor Playdell is working on the new development in The Brook in relation to the impact on residents in Brookside. The case has been taken to the Ombudsman.
Cambridgeshire County Councillor Bailey reported that following the Hear to Help Day a highway issue had been sorted out and he will continue to work towards highway improvements in The America.
You may also want to watch:
The draft budget was circulated along with a report and it was recommended that the estimate precept be set at £118,500 for 2007/08. The budget and precept will be set at the full council meeting on January 9.
It was resolved the plaque and certificate awarded to Sutton at the Village of the Year ceremony in London be put up in the foyer at The Glebe.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress
A short presentation was given by candidates as to why they would like to be a parish councillor. Following a ballot, Mr Foster was elected.