Sutton Parish Council
A MEETING was held on March 6 to judge the level of support for a library access point in the village. Councillors had attended a presentation evening in the youth club and had been impressed with the quality of the work and the number of young people inv
A MEETING was held on March 6 to judge the level of support for a library access point in the village.
Councillors had attended a presentation evening in the youth club and had been impressed with the quality of the work and the number of young people involved.
New councillors had attended a training day and felt it was a useful and worthwhile event. A letter had been received from the Anglian Support Partnership reporting the appeal by Sutton Medical Services Ltd regarding the provision of pharmaceutical services had been dismissed.
Applicant Mrs B K Kandola has until the August 4, 2006 to commence trading at 29a High Street, Sutton.
You may also want to watch:
There is an ongoing dialogue with the planning dept regarding issues raised and the possibility of soil tests to check contamination at Darby's Yard development.
Renewed problems at Saffron Piece with unlicensed cars and associations buying property in the village and the resultant influx of problem families from a wide area.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 9 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 10 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
A youth festival will be held at the Brooklands Centre on May 27/28 after a successful event held there last year.
The Glebe Community Project is nearing completion and discussion centred on stage lighting required and an application for a premises licence. Fittings and equipment were also approved. The needs for a firm pathway and disabled access were also noted. Members of the Youth Club will carry on clearing the undergrowth and ivy from the walls. Research has been done regarding links with Isambard Brunel and other possible historical connections with a view to naming the rooms within The Glebe. The council is currently advertising for a part-time caretaker and assistant caretaker for The Glebe, to commence in April. Details from the clerk on 01353 659997.
Planning, finance, newsletter and pr, highway and conservation and burial ground and allotment and full council on March 14.