Sutton Parish Council
A MEETING was held on March 6 to judge the level of support for a library access point in the village. Councillors had attended a presentation evening in the youth club and had been impressed with the quality of the work and the number of young people inv
A MEETING was held on March 6 to judge the level of support for a library access point in the village.
Councillors had attended a presentation evening in the youth club and had been impressed with the quality of the work and the number of young people involved.
New councillors had attended a training day and felt it was a useful and worthwhile event. A letter had been received from the Anglian Support Partnership reporting the appeal by Sutton Medical Services Ltd regarding the provision of pharmaceutical services had been dismissed.
Applicant Mrs B K Kandola has until the August 4, 2006 to commence trading at 29a High Street, Sutton.
There is an ongoing dialogue with the planning dept regarding issues raised and the possibility of soil tests to check contamination at Darby's Yard development.
Renewed problems at Saffron Piece with unlicensed cars and associations buying property in the village and the resultant influx of problem families from a wide area.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 4 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
- 5 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 6 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 7 ‘Inspirational’ teacher, Esmeralda, honoured in national teaching awards
- 8 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 9 Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's visits to Cambridgeshire in pictures
- 10 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
A youth festival will be held at the Brooklands Centre on May 27/28 after a successful event held there last year.
The Glebe Community Project is nearing completion and discussion centred on stage lighting required and an application for a premises licence. Fittings and equipment were also approved. The needs for a firm pathway and disabled access were also noted. Members of the Youth Club will carry on clearing the undergrowth and ivy from the walls. Research has been done regarding links with Isambard Brunel and other possible historical connections with a view to naming the rooms within The Glebe. The council is currently advertising for a part-time caretaker and assistant caretaker for The Glebe, to commence in April. Details from the clerk on 01353 659997.
Planning, finance, newsletter and pr, highway and conservation and burial ground and allotment and full council on March 14.